Sewing is an enjoyable hobby. It is also a great way to make items for your home or family. Sewing, rather than buying items such as curtains, baby clothes, pillows and other home accessories is a good way to save money. To bring the cost down even further there are ways to save money on the products used for sewing.
5 ways to save on sewing.
- Make your own patterns. If you have the skill to come up with your own patterns, you will save quite a bit of money.Is this new to you? Catch up here
- Set up a sewing group which offers pattern exchanges as part of the program. Many home sewers will use a pattern once and then put it away in storage, or they may have bought it and not used it at all. Trading with others is a way to get more patterns to try without spending any extra money.
- Use coupons and coupon codes when buying fabric. Make it a point to do a quick search for these codes before leaving the house or shopping online. If you can find fabric on sale, along with a coupon it is even better.
- Shop fabric clearance sales. Discontinued fabrics can be bought for deep discounts this way.
- Search sites such as Ebay for fabric remnants and patterns.